Yummy Hut: Pod Nosem

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pod Nosem

"You have one more wish left", the plump, silvery fish informed me. I had been fishing all morning and this was the first catch of the day. In exchange for his freedom, this fish was to grant me three wishes. The first two had been spent hastily, so I wanted the third one to really count. After several minutes of pensive brainstorming, I came up with the one thing that I truly fancied above all else. "Um... I'd like to grow a mustache" I said. The fish nodded his head (as he had done the previous two times) , chanted his magical fish language chant "Ulla bubble nof-nof gazoo!" and I was instantly showered with glimmering confetti and mini balloons as the transformation began. My eyes strained to look down at my upper lip while the handle-bar facial hair curved into place; the excitement was terrific. I gave a playful pull on the squeaky, curled up facial hair just to make sure it was really there and that I was not dreaming. "Thank you", I said. After tossing him back into the big blue sea, I waved good-bye. The rest of the afternoon, I fished without a care in the world.

No comments: