Yummy Hut: Mr. Parkinglot

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mr. Parkinglot

One time I was in a parking lot standing in line to meet Bob Dole. As we all know, when you meet Mr. Dole, you either receive an autograph or a hand-made pair of ballerina shoes (made on the spot by Mr. Dole himself). Not being much of an autograph seeker, I opted for a pair of the ballerina shoes. As Mr. Dole started into the sewing/mending of the silky fabric, those standing in line behind me grew impatient, many voicing their displeasure. Bob Dole is not as dexterous as he used to be (who is really?), and sure it was going to take him some time and effort to construct ballerina shoes; but I couldn't help my annoyance at those who were boisterously complaining. Why the impatience? I gave a menacing glare to the trouble makers behind me. Bob Dole smiled and handed me a deliciously soft pair of shoes with lace uppers and a luxurious satin lining. I happily accepted this most generous gift. Then I was harassed by a legless woman seeking money for postcards (she was in my car). What a day!

2 comments:

CC said...

This one is pretty good. I liked the part about the parking lot.

Anonymous said...

Was she in the front seat? I only buy postcards from her when she's in the back seat...it's a control issue I have.