Yummy Hut: Reading is Fundamental

Monday, April 14, 2008

Reading is Fundamental

Every time I ride public transportation, I see a guy dressed up as the Mad Hatter. Sometimes he shadows my movement, other times he ignores me completely, but he is always there. Occasionally, he is accompanied by an entourage of people dressed in giant-headed bunny costumes. On these days, the whole train/bus is filled with their musical theater. They sing and sing. I'm not exactly sure of the lyrics, but all of the songs are about babies. What is more perplexing, is that everyone on the train (even those not in costume) seem to know these songs and enthusiastically sing along. Picture dozens of passengers mindlessly clapping, beaming at the Mad Hatter as he conducts the bunny chorus through another round of singing  "Babies, babies, how many babies are in the tree?". Despite all of this nonsense, I enjoy riding public transit as it provides adequate time to get some reading done.

No comments: